WEST is involved in supporting economic well-being projects in West Auckland. WEST coordinate and facilitate a range of different working groups and networks including:
- The Kai West Project – Kai West is a collaborative project involving a range of community organisations to support the community to access affordable healthy kai. Kai West are coordinating the Te Puna Market – a weekly market run in the heart of Henderson, Auckland (in response to the closure of Pak n Save in Henderson). The market is based at the Falls Carpark and is open every Saturday morning, 7.30am – 1pm. It has an assortment of fresh fruits & vegetables, other produce and natural made products on offer each week, and occasional workshops and activities centred around kai.
- Housing Call to Action – WEST convenes the Housing Call to Action West Auckland – A network of 80 emergency housing and housing providers in the West Auckland area.
- Guide to Homelessness and Housing in West Auckland Hui WEST coordinates this day long event along with the HC2A working group. The next Hui is at 9.30am – 2.30pm on Friday 31 May 2019 at the Ceramco Park Conference Centre, Glen Eden, Auckland.
- Guide to Homelessness and Housing in West Auckland Resource Directory – WEST compiles the Resource Directory on behalf of the HC2A and last year printed and distributed 2000 directories to over 50 community hubs, libraries and community organisations in West Auckland. WEST and the HC2A would like to thank the Graham Clyde Foundation for their donation toward the printing costs of the resource directory.
- Festival of Learning – A day long event to coincide with the international Adult Learner’s Week, the Expo showcases over 35 Adult Education providers in West Auckland.
- Adult Learners Week Awards – a yearly event that coincides with the international Adult Learner’s Week to showcase adult education in West Auckland and to celebrate adult learners.
- Glen Eden Developments Special Interest Group – A group of residents and social sector organisations formed to support the existing residents of Glen Eden, and the new residents moving in to the new developments in the Glen Eden area.
- The Massey West Food Hub Plan – WEST was contracted by Auckland Council to scope the idea of a food hub located within the Massey Community House. Many of the original ideas from the Food Hub Plan have been incorporated into the Becoming Financially Fit programme at WEST including the range of Slow Cooking on a Budget courses and the Kitchen Appliance Library.